NYSOA and the Chemung Valley Audubon Society
are pleased to announce this year's
ANNUAL FALL BIRDING CONFERENCE!
NYSOA 69th Annual Meeting
and New State York Birders Conference
Hosted by Chemung Valley Audubon Society
September 9-11, 2016
Holiday Inn Elmira-Riveriew, 760 East Water St, Elmira, NY 14901
All birders and guests are welcome.
COME AND ENJOY THESE EXCITING ACTIVITIES:
- Friday afternoon field trip and evening program with John James Audubon
- Friday evening reception & workshops
- Saturday evening banquet featuring a program by Dr. Rob Bierregaard, research associate of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University. His presentation will be “Tracking Ospreys in the Age of Silicon: Migration, Ecology, and Conservation.”
Dr. Bierregaard's studies—the first to collect a significant body of data on juvenile migration—have led to surprising discoveries about the dispersal and migration of naïve Ospreys as they leave their natal territories and explore the world around them.
- Saturday and Sunday field trips with top birders to great local destinations.
- Poster and paper presentations.
- NYSOA award presentations.
- NYSOA's Annual Business Meeting
- Plenty of time to catch up with old friends and make new ones!
Read all the details about the conference
View the weekend's program/schedule
Read about the featured speakers
The objectives of the New York State Ornithological
Association are to document the ornithology of New York State; to foster
interest in and appreciation of birds; and to protect birds and their
of Birding Ethics
NYSOA endorses the Code
of Birding Ethics developed and promoted by the American
Individuals as well as clubs/organizations are welcome
to join and will enjoy the benefits of membership, including subscriptions
to NYSOA's quarterly journal, The
Kingbird, and its newsletter, New
York Birders. NYSOA also offers its individual members
a discounted rate of $25 annually (40% off the regular
rate of $42) for a subscription to the online version of the The Birds
of North America.
Are you looking for information
about birding in New York State?
Check out our directory of member organizations
with links to websites listing local field trips and other activities!
NYSOA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.